Quickbooks International Version Conversion: US, Canada & UK editions
Do you need to convert from one international version of Quickbooks to another? We can convert files from Quickbooks Canada to US, UK to US and Canada to UK.
“Success Rate: 100%!”
One common issue that businesses with operations in different countries face is QuickBooks Conversions, specifically converting QuickBooks Canada to US Edition (or UK or US/Canada to UK).
It is likely the case that the company has files set up in a version of QuickBooks that is incompatible with the software in another division. In fact, it is highly likely that specialized software like QuickBooks are available in different editions for different regions such as Canada. In this case, there are features that are specific to that region, for example currency and taxes, that are unique to that version of the software. .
One example illustrating this variation is that the Canadian and UK versions of QuickBooks are configured to use VAT, however, this feature is configured as sales tax for the US version. These unique features make it impossible for the US version of QuickBooks to read a file from the Canadian version, and this can cause frustration and undue delays in the accounting process.
We have a simple solution to modify the nationality of QuickBooks and bring both versions into sync. First, an evaluation is necessary to assess both versions of QuickBooks in order to determine the cost and time required for the conversion. You can begin this process by completing the data request form below and creating an account to upload your QuickBooks file. A portable file is much smaller and easier to upload. Therefore, it is advisable that you create a portable company file to submit rather than a backup or .QBW. After the form is completed, you will then receive login credentials and an upload link to submit the file.
What data cannot be converted?
- Payroll checks are transferred as regular checks and won’t appear in payroll reports or W2 calculations. This is because Quickbooks does not allow payroll checks to be transferred from one file to another. Also time activities are not merged.
- Bank Reconciliations cannot be transferred because Quickbooks does not support the transfer of Bank Reconciliations. You will need to do a single reconciliation for each bank acount after the merge.
- Data files with negative inventoryand assembly builds do not merge correctly because there is insufficient quantity on hand to build the assemblies and they transfer over as pending builds. If assembly items are used it may not be possible to transfer the data at all.
- Quickbooks does not calculate P&L COGS amounts and B/S inventory amounts correctly with files with negative inventory. Cogs and inventory values will NOT match the original data in files with negative inventory.
- Files with multi-currency will likely have exchange rate as well as gain/loss differences.
- Transfers must be converted to journal entries in files that have multi-currency.
- Data files with sales tax items and sales tax groups that were modified after their initial use may not be transferred correctly since Quickbooks does not store historical rate changes.
- Fields not available in the international version of the Quickbooks data file you are converting to are not converted.
- Data files with group items that were modified after their initial use may not be transferred correctly since Quickbooks does not store historical group modification data.
- Templates cannot be transferred as Quickbooks does not support the transfer of templates.
- Attachments are not transferred because Quickbooks does not support the transfer of attachments.
- Customer Notes and To-Do lists are NOT transferred.
- Memorized Transaction definitions are not transferred, and will need to be memorized again.
- Memorized Reports are not transferred, and will need to be memorized again.
- Budgets/Forecasts are not transferred, and will need to be entered again.
- Users are not transferred and will need to be entered again.
- Advanced inventory features are not fully supported by the SDK or a conversion from one international edition to another.
- Sales tax is different from VAT and you will likely need to make adjusting entries to get the sales tax or VAT reports the way you want them.
- The US version has one sales tax account and other international editions allow or even force multiple VAT accounts to be used so there will be differences there as well.
To enquire about our Quickbooks Canada to Quickbooks US or UK, please fill out the form below. We will get back to you ASAP.